Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spring clean up, desk build update, and new kitty photos

Large lawns and treed lots are beautiful during the summer but come spring.....I long for a postage stamp size yard.  We have loads and loads of leaves to rake no matter how much we rake in the fall. They blow in from all directions but ironically none of our leaves blow out and away.


So we rake and bag and rake and bag and rake and bag until we have to do something else and that else is work on the cabinets, desk, and book shelves that we are building in the kitchen.  Since we are virgin cabinet builders....this is going slow, like glacial slow.  Since we want these built ins to match the other cabinets we are using reclaimed wood from previous demos and we are also building the cabinets in the same manner as the other cabinets in the kitchen.  Now I am not such a cabinet virgin that I don't realize that the other cabinets might not be built in the most correct manner but we need these cabinets to blend and blend they will, imperfections and all.

To add to our frustrations are the unlevel floors and walls.  Seriously our levels are getting quite the workout.  But we're not setting any speed records with this build.

On the kitten front...oh my how they are growing.
Look at that face. 

 Kitties everywhere. 
Look at all the little faces.

8 comments:

  1. My lot is 50' x 100', so it's probably postage stamp size by your standards, but seems to have the same issue with leaves since none of my neighbors seem to know what a rake is for and I end up with more yard work than I want in the spring and fall.. The kitties are really becoming little cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just for once would like the wind to blow in a different direction.

    I once caught my neighbor's lawn service blowing their leaves into our yard AFTER we had raked just an hour before.

    The kitties are getting to that cute wobbly stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain!...no, wait! I feel MY pain! We have so many leaves in the fall and we've already put out over 30 lawn and leaf bags to be collected since April 1st!

    My back is killing me! We just have too many trees that capture and hold the leaves and don't allow them to blow down the hill to the next neighbors. BOO!

    Yesterday, I got home from work early and the temps were nice, so I got to picking up leaves from under the bushes in front of the house...halfway done and I started feeling nauseous. That feeling lasted the entire night. I had to quit the yardwork, eat and go to bed...I'm not sure what that was about? Were there toxic mold spores in those wet leaves? Was my back brace a little too tight around my mid-section? Had the nuts I ate just before the job done a number on me? Not sure, but UK! I'm glad I am feeling a bit better today. I can tackle the remaining bushes after work today (unless it's super cold)...I will wear a respirator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne....I had some really moldy piles of leaves so maybe that is what made you ill.

    I rake and R picks up. Because of my breathing problems I try to stay away from leaves, dust, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. baby sister: It's possible that you're blood sugar got to low from all the yard work you were doing and caused you to feel nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne....Alex might be onto something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's possible Alex, but I did eat some nuts before doing the work because I tend to get super hungry while doing yard work.

    I don't know but I'm just now starting to feel back to normal again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dehydration can also cause similar symptons but probably not as likely this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here.....